|Visa Rule in Indias - for NRIs Holding a US Passport
|- NRI applicants with a US Passport arriving in India may apply online for ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation).
|- ETA should be applied at least 4 days before arrival date with a 30-day arrival window.
Visa Fee : USD 60
(Excludes Currency Interchange Charge for Credit/ Debit Cards)
Validity: 30 Days
Time Taken to Grant Approval:
72 Hours Max.
- The passport needs to have a validity of at least six months on the date of arrival in India.
- The passport must have at least two blank pages; minimum space required for Immigration stamps.
- A recent photograph on a white background and the photo page of Passport, which contains details like name, nationality, date of birth, passport expiry date etc. needs to be uploaded by the applicant.
(The application will be rejected in case the uploaded document and photograph are unclear and not as per specifications.)
- All NRI travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- Diplomatic/Official passport holders are not entitled for this type of Visa.
- Children endorsed on parent's/spouse's passport are not entitled for this visa. They will need a separate passport.
- International travel documents' holders are not entitled as well. They must carry a valid passport.
- The visa fee must be paid 4 days before the mentioned date of travel. Else the application will not be processed. Visa fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Applicant should carry a copy of ETA along with him/her at the time of travel.
- Its mandatory for the applicant to furnish biometric details which will be captured at the time of immigration on arrival in India.
- ETA is valid for entry through 9 airports only i.e. Delhi, Goa, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Cochin, and Trivandrum.
- This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services.
- Visa status can be tracked by clicking here.
- For any queries or concerns, please call the 24/7 visa support centre at +91-11-24300666 or mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmed return air ticket
- A print-out of E-visa needs to be carried while travelling.
- A scan of the first page of passport
Format: JPEG | Size:10 KB - 300 KB
- 4. The photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application must meet the following requirements:
Format: PDF | Size:10 KB - 1 MB
- The photo must be square in shape; i.e. height and width must be equal.
- The photo must present the front view with full ace and eyes open.
- The background needs to be plain light colored or white.
- No shadows must be there, either on the face or on the background.
- No borders are required.